When you use FuelNOW, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information.
Last Modified: November 4, 2020
Data Collections and Uses
This policy applies to any users of FuelNOW’s services anywhere in the world, including any users of FuelNOW’s apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy applies to any users of the services of FuelNOW or its affiliates anywhere in the world, and to anyone else who contacts FuelNOW or otherwise submits information to FuelNOW, unless noted below. This includes those who use FuelNOW or its affiliates’ services to:
- Request or receive fuel delivery logistics (refiners, carriers, wholesalers, and/or retailers)
- Provide fuel delivery transportation individually or through partner transportation companies (driver and/or carrier)
- Provide delivery services (carrier and/or driver working as an independent contractor)
- Request or receive terminal data (refiners, carriers, or wholesalers)
If you are operating and utilizing FuelNOW’s technologies in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by FuelNOW or its affiliates is:
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to FuelNOW, such as when you create your FuelNOW account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as FuelNOW partners and third parties that use FuelNOW’s API.
FuelNOW collects the following categories of information:
Information you provide. This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your FuelNOW account, which depending on your location and the FuelNOW services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, and photo
- Submit information about your truck assets or insurance (for carriers, wholesalers, and/or driver)
- Request services through an FuelNOW app or website
- Contact FuelNOW, including for customer support
- Contact other FuelNOW users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by FuelNOW or on behalf of FuelNOW
- Submit information about your site, such as address, phone number, branding, site hours, and site tank inventory readings
- Driver work schedules
Information created when you use our services. This includes:
Depending on the FuelNOW services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, FuelNOW may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver or retailer, FuelNOW collects location information when the FuelNOW app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- In certain regions, FuelNOW may also collect this information when the FuelNOW app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Fuel delivery recipients may use the FuelNOW app without enabling FuelNOW to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your FuelNOW app. For example, if you do not enable FuelNOW to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your delivery, even if you have not enabled FuelNOW to collect your location information.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details.
Usage and Preference Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
In application notifications
We use in-app notifications to communicate information within the application to relevant parties. FuelNOW may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
Information from other sources. These may include:
Users providing feedback, such as as surveys
FuelNOW business partners through which you create or access your FuelNOW account, such as payment providers, or apps or websites who use FuelNOW’s APIs or whose API FuelNOW uses
Carrier logistics transportation companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a company)
Marketing service providers
FuelNOW may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
FuelNOW collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
FuelNOW does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
FuelNOW uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features. FuelNOW uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as sharing your ETA
- Enable features to personalize your FuelNOW account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
Safety and security.
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services.
FuelNOW uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Communications from FuelNOW
FuelNOW may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. FuelNOW may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of FuelNOWs services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies and Third-Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Information and Sharing Disclosure
Some of FuelNOW’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
FuelNOW may share the information we collect:
With other users
For example, if you are a retailer, we may share your first name and terminal and/or drop-off locations.
If you are a driver or carrier, we may share information with your customer(s) including your name; your location; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). The retailer/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, a map of the route you took, and other transaction details.
At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a wholesaler at their request, or your trip information when you are performing split load orders.
FuelNOW business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, FuelNOW may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom FuelNOW may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
With the owner of FuelNOW accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A driver using an account owned by a carrier logistics transportation company
- A wholesaler who performs a delivery serving as a carrier service
With FuelNOW subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, FuelNOW may process or store information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
With FuelNOW service providers and business partners
FuelNOW may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, FuelNOW may provide information to such parties to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our services.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
FuelNOW may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect FuelNOWs rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
FuelNOW may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention and Deletion
FuelNOW retains your personal information while your account remains active to provide you with the services supported by our software. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
Subject to applicable law, FueLNOW may retain information after account deletion:
If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
FuelNOW may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if FuelNOW shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, FuelNOW may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new FuelNOW account in the future.
Choice and Transparency
FuelNOW provides means for you to see and control the information that FuelNOW collects, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- Marketing opt-outs
The Account Settings menu in the FuelNOW mobile app gives users the the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from FuelNOW.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the FuelNOW app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the FuelNOW app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in FuelNOW’s apps. You can also look up your orders and deliveries history in the FuelNOW apps. You may also request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting FuelNOW.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from FuelNOW. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from FuelNOW by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your deliveries or information about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the FuelNOW apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.